Frequently Asked Questions about Windows and Doors

Below you can find answers to most frequent questions and problems that the homeowners ask about. 

For more detailed information on windows and doors maintenance and best practices to keep them in great working condition for years ahead, please check our dedicated PRODUCT MAINTENANCE PAGE


Would you like to send us your questions?
Drop us a short message using our contact form.  

Yes, we offer white, black and anthracite grey as our standard colour options. After that there over 200 RAL colours to choose from, as well as dual colour options, woodgrain finishes and structured finishes. Choosing non-standard colours or finishes could extend lead times, and we will always inform you if this is the case.

Yes, our double glazed bi-folding doors can be fitted with integral blinds.

We offer bespoke, and made to order door that can be custom designed. The front doors in general open inwards to invite people in. However when the entry doors are being fitted at the back of the property in general they open outwards.

Whether you need to change only one window and want to keep exactly the same design (with all the decorative features or designs like bars or leaded designs). It does depend on the material you require e.g timber, uPVC or Aluminium, but all our products are custom made to order and specifications and manufactured in our Park Royal factory. For further information please contact us and we can examine your exact requirements and then advise accordingly.

All of our doors are available in a wide range of RAL colours, allowing you to match the colour to that of your home’s decor. Our dual colour options allow for choosing one colour for the inside and another for the outside. We have our standard colour range, such as white, black and anthracite grey to pretty much any other colour you can think of, you can have true control over the colour of your doors. Choosing non-standard colours or finishes could extend lead times, and we will always inform you if this is the case.

Due to the specification of the 26 slim sliding door product the range does not come with the option of in-glazed blinds.

Once issued our quotations are valid for 30 days. We appreciate purchasing your products is a big decision for you, therefore our team contact you with no pressure prior to the expiry date of any quotation to assist you with any questions you may have.

Whether it's a 'supply and fit' contract or 'supply only' a 50% deposit is required to confirm your order. One week prior to installation the final payment of 50% is required to enable us to deliver, or deliver and install your products. Payments can be made by cash, cheque, credit card or bank transfer. Please note that credit card payments are subject to a 2.5% surcharge. Final payment is due 7 days prior to the confirmed delivery/installation date.

Multi point locking comes as standard, in our windows and doors, on all of the opening leaves. All glazing is internally beaded increasing the resistance to forced entry. 

Yes. Some of our product ranges allow this. For further information please contact us.

All units are double glazed and where required they can be supplied as toughened, laminated or with security glass. You can also further choose the argon gas filled for improved insulation, colour tint, special finishes, triple glazing or secondary glazing. For further information please contact us and we can examine your exact requirements and then advise accordingly.

Please visit our website page for detailed information on product maintenance

The U-value (or U-factor), more correctly called the overall heat transfer coefficient, describes how well a building element conducts heat (in our case the frames and glass of our doors and windows). It measures the rate of heat transfer through a building element over a given area, under standardised conditions. A smaller U-value is better at reducing heat transfer. To comply with building regulations on a new build a window must achieve a U value of 2.0 W/m2K and in an extension or alteration 1.6 W/m2K. A door has to achieve a U value of 2.0 W/m2K in a new build and 1.8 W/m2K in an extension or alteration. The only other way to pass building regulations for insulating for a window only (does not apply to doors) is to have a BFRC (British Fenestration Rating Council) energy rating of A-C.

Every building requires some sort of ventilation and it is a building regulation requirement to provide a certain level of background ventilation in certain rooms or areas within your home. Background ventilation can be achieved through small slot vents which are placed in the head of our frames.  The amount of ventilation required would be determined by the type of room and whether it was in a new build or an extension/alteration. Trickle vents aren't the only method of providing this ventilation, this can also be achieved through heat recovery systems, air bricks or vents placed in the fabric of the building. For further information please contact one of our team who will be able to advise.

There's no rush, we won't push you towards a sale until you're absolutely ready and have all the information and advice you need. If you are completing building work you need to ensure you factor in our lead times to make sure your doors or windows arrive on site last, when the building site is ready for their installation. Our team can provide you with our current product  lead times on request.

Yes. Double and Triple Glazing products are known for their ability to improve household energy efficiency when compared with traditional windows. We use the latest industry compliant glazing products including the most energy-efficient products, we can supply windows with energy efficiency ratings from A-C. We normally recommend going for an A-rated window to maximise the energy efficiency savings, but we are happy to work to your energy efficiency requirements. Find out more about energy efficiency of windows and doors: How to choose energy efficient windows for your home.

It depends. If your property is not already extended on the ground floor and you opt to have a conservatory that extends no more than 3m from the back of your house you may not require planning permission. If this applies you can build the conservatory as “permitted development”. We would however advise you seek confirmation from your local planning office.